May 22, 2013

imaginary friends

I know, two posts in one day.  pure shock, eh?

I admit to being very child-like in many ways.  sadly one of those ways is counting on people more than they should be. 

I did that with my imaginary friends.  I let my guard down and formed them into a security blanket for myself.  I've slowly been realizing that it was a dumb move on my part.  little things here and little things there.

today my imaginary friends made me cry.
today my security blanket unraveled.
today I realized how stupid I can be.

now I get to pick up the pieces and figure out how to make a new security blanket for myself.  I will always hold the old one in my heart but I know it's not what I thought it was.  it was never meant to be.

reality is not my friend sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment